Most of our candidates and clients are required to develop quite a bit of medical knowledge. From human anatomy and physiology to medical terminology, there’s an immense amount of information to absorb.
At Gorilla Jobs we want to help you through the tough times and remind everyone that absorbing this information can be fun as well. Take a break from browsing the internet for solutions, put your medical manuals away and have fun with exploring our 15 medical fun facts!
Here are 15 Fun Medical Facts which will make your afternoon more bearable!
- Did you know that for every square inch of your skin, there are about 32 million bacteria—but most of them are harmless.
- It’s possible to go without eating for weeks, but the longest you can go without sleeping (and survive) is eleven days
- A sneeze generates a wind of 166 km/hr, and a cough moves out at 100 km/hr. Say Hatjsoe to that!
- Our heart beats around 100,00 times every day or about 30 million times a year.
- The human body produces about 40,000 litres of spit in its lifetime. Or to put it another way, enough spit to fill around five hundred bathtubs
- If you walked for 12 hours a day, it would take the average person 690 days to walk around the world.
- Every minute the human body sheds over 30,000 dead skin cells.
- Our nose is our personal air-conditioning system: it warms cold air, cools hot air and filters impurities.
- Babies start dreaming even before they’re born.
- Think about the brain, it’s 80% made of water.
- The hardest bone in the human body is the jawbone.
- A fetus acquires fingerprints at the age of three months.
- The human body takes 6 hours to digest a high-fat meal and it takes 2 hours for a carbohydrate meal.
- In a lifetime, a human being will grow around six feet of nose hair.
- Humans shed about 600,000 particles of skin every hour – about 1.5 pounds a year. By 70 years of age, an average person will have lost 105 pounds of skin.
At Gorilla Jobs, we want to keep client and candidate relationships at foremost professional. However, we consider ourselves to be fun to deal with on a personal level.
If you want to speak with one of our Consultants then please drop us an email on or simply call us.